Saturday, June 28, 2014

long project nearing completion at work and a good book available

For any long time fans of the grumpy old dba blog, you may remember I changed jobs in June of 2013.  Sometimes changing jobs allows you to slowly come up to speed in a new environment but the last change involved me jumping right into a project that was already kind of rolling.

It has been a long year on the same project and a lot of time involved.  Not exactly what I was expecting in this change but hey I am old and grumpy right?  I shoulda known eh?

Anyhow just as our project was about to be implemented this weekend it has now been put temporarily on delay ( long story cannot go into details ).  One gets kind of ready for something to finally go live ... and then Charlie Brown the football gets yanked away from you?  ( Sorry apologies this will mean more to people who have watched the Peanuts based television specials ).

On the good side ... I just received Christian Antognini's ( new 2nd edition ) Troubleshooting Oracle Performance book and I have started wading into that.

I recommend this book very much!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment